My Progress

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Mulligan Time

I'm restarting.

Last year at this time I had a plan and it went astray.  My doctor suggested a diet that hinged on drinking those bottles of Boost or Ensure, and it worked... at first.  I lost 15 pounds in a week or so, but it turns out I was allergic to the milk solids in the Boost and I got hives all over my arms.  So I quit.

So I am restarting, this time I'm doing a 90 day challenge and I want to lose 77 pounds in 90 days.

I started Monday, I weighed 377 pounds.  My waist is 64", hips are 58", chest is 59", thighs are 30", neck is 25" and bicep is 21".  I figured out that my Body Mass Index is 51.8.  I have to say, the body mass index thing is kind of bogus.  According to several websites anything over 40 is morbidly obese.  Apparently I'm dead and no one told me yet.  The funny thing is when I punch in the numbers for when I was in high school when I was practically anorexic at 165 pounds, I'm close to being overweight.  When I was my perfect weight when I got married (I was was skinny!) at 190 pounds I was overweight and my goal weight of 220 pounds I will still be obese.  Give me a break!
 So I took these "Before" pictures on Monday and started the program yesterday.  I have a milk shake in the morning (with 8 oz. of goat milk - 150 cal + 90 cal for the powder) with 2 Vi-Slim metabolism booster pills and the Vi-Pak vitamin pills and another shake and metabolism pills at lunch and a couple of snack (an

apple or some edible pea pods, or a banana) and then eat whatever I want for supper.  Last night I had rice and lemon chicken and I had a salad with Mandarin Orange Dressing with my shake at lunch.

I'm down to 372.6 pounds this morning.  Whoo Hoo! 4.4 pounds so far. So here goes nothing.  Let's see if I can sustain it this time.

No comments: